Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

CB or not CB

I've dugg out my old scanner ( bought to moitor bands I didn't have rigs for) and was looking up the current state of play in UK of what you can and can't listen to it comes down to
  1. Broadcast
  2. Ham Radio
  3. CB (big change from the old days
  4. and an odd one navigationl broadcasts?
dose PMR446 come under CB?
and is there anything on CB 27Mhz as from investigation look like it's 80channel ( old UK 40 + EU 40)?
no licence great but set up scanner with best I can UK 40 is an odd offset.
not a sausage!
got some distant under the squelch on 10FM nothing I could make out. SSB-10M was better.
CB nothing.
if anyone is using CB let me know, it would be nice after all though people protested to get it in the 70s and 80s.
is PMR446 the new CB?
and can you listen to it to find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment