Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

spot of DIY

one of those things we all need now and again.
http://vk5ajl.com/projects/SWRMeter.php
knowing the principals full well from my days in a radio job, so I had a go.
work you know but with one error swap names of FWR and REV meeasure port.
to this:
With matched terminations on the output ports,
1. A portion of the wave traveling from port 1 (input) to port 4 (output) is
coupled to port 3 (forward coupled), but not to port 2.
2. A portion of the reflected wave traveling from port 4 to port 1 is coupled
to port 2, but not port 3.
3. A portion of the wave incident on port 2 to port 3 is coupled to port 4, but
not port 1; and a portion of the wave incident on port 3 is coupled to port 1, but not
port 4.
 
thought I had a total miss-match with 50R load but did a few tests and googleing and got it right.


The reflected voltage is r times the incident voltage.  Since power is proportional to the square of the voltage, the reflected power, Prefl is (5/7)2 x 4 W = 2.04 W
and the power to the antenna = 4 W  - Prefl = 1.96 W
when I work out how to add gerber plot files I will
and a picture of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment